I didn’t make just one trip to Giant Eagle this week, but TWO! There were a couple reasons for this.
- I forgot my Dial Soap Coupons on the First trip
- There were items included in the instant savings General Mills Cereal Deals that I didn’t know about before my first trip.
- I Wanted to take advantage of some Unadvertised Deals I found this week, but are only good until 9/21.
- Was able to find or print more coupons
Yesterday, I shared the results and finding of my first trip over on Facebook Live. Just click below to check it out.
Trip 1 Results
In the video, I share those Fun Finds that got me back to the store today.
So with that said, here’s what I picked up today and why.
Trip 2 Results
- 1st off is 6 Dial Liquid Hand Soaps since these were the coupons I forgot. Get the details here. In addition to the coupon, making them each 38 cents there is a $0.10 Mobisave available on any Liquid Soap
- 4 Nature Valley Backpackers – These were one of the FUN surprises I found yesterday. They are included in the General Mills Instant Savings Deal and after coupon and buying 4, they are $1 each. Make it even better and submit for a $.50/1 Checkout 51 Rebate
- 2 Fiber One Cheesecake Bars – Another FUN Surprise since these are included too, making them $1 each. There is also a $0.50/1 Checkout 51 Rebate for them.
- 2 Special K Cereals – $1.50 each. This is one of the GIant Eagle Unadvertised Deals I found. You can get access to the whole list here – which I just added 20 more deals to with coupons. Yest this is more then the $1 I like to spend, but cheaper than Aldi cereal and it’s one of our favorites.
- 2 Cheerios – $1.00 each – was able to print two more coupons
- 9 Dannon Yogurt – This is an example of me finding coupons. While getting other coupons ready for the trip I found a $.75/3 Dannon coupon in my 8/21 inserts. That made these each FREE. Of course, the coupon wouldn’t ring through. For some reason Dannon bar codes don’t work at Giant Eagle (and I’ve tried multiple stores.) The cashier gave me no hassle and ran them through.
- 1 Bag Lays Chips – These a got because they were on sale and I realized (while getting ready for the trip) that I was very close to reaching the amount to get the $5/$25 Frito Lay Products SavingStar cash back. So this purchase pushes me over the top. In addition, I’ll get 5% or 10 cents cash back on it also from SavingStar.
- 1 Play Ball – clearance price for 19 cents or 90% savings and
You can find all the details for Giant Eagle this week here. Even the fun finds have been added.
Finally for the money breakdown:
|Trip 1||Trip 2||Total|
|Out of Pocket Cost||$30.16||$16.28||$46.44|
|Coupon and Store Savings||$39.65||$22.86||$62.51|
So that means for $38, I got $100 of groceries or saved 62%! Not too shabby.