There’s a great price on an item and it’s time to stock up. Here’s some questions that might come to your mind.
- How much should you buy?
- Can you freeze it?
- Will it turn out good?
Those exact questions on The Coupon “High” Facebook page in regards to Oscar Mayer Deli Lunch Meat inspired me to do a bit of research to help us all save money.
Overall, in most cases, it is safe to freeze foods, but There are two exceptions:
Foods UN-SAFE to Freeze
NEVER FREEZE CANNED ITEMS in the can
NEVER FREEZE WHOLE EGGS in the shell.
Foods to Not Freeze based on Quality, Not Safety
- Salad greens and crisp raw vegetables — they will be limp after freezing
- Creamed Cottage Cheese — will change texture and become grainy
- Sour Cream — will separate when frozen and thawed, and based on Facebook discussion, yogurt does the same thing
- Whipping Cream — will not whip after freezing
- Potatoes — become mushy if frozen raw, and watery and tough if boiled then frozen
So now you now what NOT to Freeze. What about HOW Long and the Best Way to Store it. Click Next to see.