Perhaps you might be embarrassed to pick up KY Jelly since many people are under the impression that K-Y Jelly is strictly for bedroom or medical activities. However there are quite a few money saving alternative uses for KY jelly, especially when you can get it for free.
Here are 7 great ideas for you.
7 Money Saving Alternative Uses for KY Jelly
- Remove Tight or Stuck-on Rings – Just place a dab of it on your finger right by the ring. Then, work it underneath the ring until it easily slides off your finger.
- Lipgloss – If you have chapped lips, try some K-Y Jelly.
- Lubricate Sticky Zippers – If your zipper has ever gotten stuck on your coat, you know what a pain it is. Just put a dab of K-Y Jelly inside the slider part. Then, slowly move the slider up the length of the zipper, and back down again. The zipper should now glide easily and no more frustrations.
- Loosen Stick Price Tags and Product Labels – No need to buy Goo Gone, just use K-Y. Cover the tag or label with a light layer of the lubricant and let it set for a few minutes. Then peel it right off.
- Untangle Knotted Jewelry Chains – Do you thing your necklace is ruined because it has so many knots? Simply place a dab of K-Y directly on the knot. Then, gently roll it around between your finger and thumb until it loosen up and you can pull the knot apart. The free K-Y jelly may have just saved your expensive necklace.
- Shine your Patent Leather – Although it is recommended to use petroleum jelly or special patent leather cleaning product, you can also use K-Y jelly. A dab of K-Y and a soft cloth can clean and shine your shoes, bags or any patent leather item you might have.
- Lubricate a Fishing Rod Reel – Part of maintaining your fishing rod is to keep it properly lubricated. Applying a light oil like K-Y Jelly to the working inner parts like the gears, shafts, roller, hinges, and switches will help keep them working smoothly. It will also extend the life of the parts and save you from having to buy a new fishing rod. It won’t damage plastic or nylon gears either.
So don’t be embarrassed, but stock up on the free or money making K-Y Jelly. It will save you money because you won’t have to buy new jewelry or fishing rods or specialty products such as Goo Gone and patent leather cleaner.